12826847

I wanted to ask what is the sentence for fraud by false

Customer Question

Hi there,
I wanted to ask what is the sentence for fraud by false representation and abuse of position 2 counts and money is involved £5005 in UK.I have pleaded guilty and no previous convictions.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

What are the circumstances of the fraud?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's regarding insurance policy commission fee fraud.i worked for broker,and ppl took policies paid for couple of months but cancel it,4 are still paying.company says I made those applications up and addresses and commit fraud.i denied in magistrate court not guilty.but had to plead guilty in crown court as few of ppl I could get hold of them.i found 9 ppl,who agreed to go to court and say they took it and cancel it due to their change of circumstances.i plead guilty on basis of that few ppl are still in contact and money victim States inks not actual amount it is much less about 2600£.Judge ordered Newton hearing.i took 5 ppl with me to Newton hearing date,when prosecuted saw evidences from me he said he is happy to bargain for 5005£ rather then 8800£.my barrister said to me to accept it.so I accepted it.we went to court room,but judge was angry about abuse of position and fraud by false representation counts and she was asking for my brother who police put cleverly in their report to make it worst.my brother was also working in that company.but police never took his intrrviw or charged him for anything.but police and victim tried to make my case worse to put my brother in my case.he is not co defendant in my case.and not even on the country,he had to leave country coz of his visa issues,even before my charge date.anyhow judge ordered a pre sentence report and I met with probation officer and told her about my financial condition during the employment.and the fact that my brother is not involved in my case.and shown genuine remorse ad I have small kids and living in homeless B&B.and if I have to send prison my kids and wife would not get any place or benefits to live on as she is on immigration control,and I am getting benefits at the moment.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I sent you the response have you got it?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

OK. I presume it was your former employer that paid your commission?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
have you found my full response
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Are you going to call me?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

I'm trying to call now.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

It is not connecting.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I forgot to put 0 in beginning
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
pls call on this number
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

All the best.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Joe,if I pay some money out of 5005£ I.e 2000£.will my sentance will be on 3005£?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

No.

The amount is the sum that you took.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 10 months ago.

Actually I thought you would like to know there is some case law that might really help recently reported.