Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I have applied for student visa. Tier 4,with all docs

Hi I have applied for student visa. Tier 4,with all docs including confirmation letter from university of Sunderland in UK, the university has done interview with me prior to issuing the acceptance letter and they checked my bank statement to make sure I have enough fund then they issued the acceptance letter, at the day of applying for the visa I have done video conference interview in the visa center this was on 21 Aug, yesterday I got call from British embassy asking me I have to present in person in the embassy for second interview and it's important for my visa application, I have received also below message from visa centre's, I'm wondering what. Does. It mean ? I have applied same docs I have given to the university, what do you think is going on? And how to be prepared for this second interview? This is the mail from visa center : We are aware that you purchased the priority service and I can confirm that your application was assessed ahead of other visa applications. Unfortunately the processing of your application has not been straightforward. This means that we will be unable to make a decision within our published customer service standards. We will notify you when your application has been concluded, and you will be contacted by the Visa Application Centre when your documents are ready for collection
Expert:  Buachaill replied 7 months ago.

1. The UK Priority visa service guarantees service within 3-5 working days of the date of application. This is the timetable laid down in the Customer Service standards. However, for some reason, your visa is taking beyond this 3-5 working day time period. Accordingly, a decision on your visa will not be made within the 3-5 day timetable as promised. So, you will have to wait until the visa application gets processed. The delay does not bear upon whether you will be successful in your application or not. It merely means it has been delayed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How to be prepared for the second interview?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What do you think they will ask?

2. At this second interview, you will most likely be asked questions concerning whether you intend to fully study the hours necessary to complete the course and whether you fully intend to complete the course. The aim will be to assess whether you are a genuine student or whether you want the visa for other purposes not connected with the course of study.

3. The aim of UK visas will be to assess whether you will actually study whilst in the UK or whether you merely intend to use the course to enter the UK for other purposes. So you need to stress the fact that this course features highly in your life plans and that you intend to complete it.

4. The current issue in the UK surrounds student visas and whether they are being used for the purposes for which they have been issued. So, you need to stress the reason you are studying in Sunderland and how this bears upon your future plans.

5. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How long more you think they will take to take decision after the interview?

6. A decision will be made within a 3-5 working day period, after interview, as this is the usual time period for a decision to be made.

Buachaill, Barrister
Experience: Barrister 17 years experience