13262538

I have both poa's for my mother who is widowed, elderly and

I have both poa's for my mother who is widowed, elderly and disabled and requires home care. Possibly in a care home in future. My brother who is single recently lost his job and home also an alcoholic has moved into my mothers house. Where do I stand if I need to sell the house for her care, if he is still there?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you and I need some further information first

When is her move to a care home expected?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've planned some respite from 17/9 > 15/10 for her which is self funded. After that she will come back home. It's likely that if no improvement she may need full care by the end of the year. Her care bill would be approx. 1k a week and her only real asset is her home. My brother has been with her for two weeks so far.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Your brother will gain no rights on the property.

If your mother does go into a Care Home and you need to sell the house then you will be able to give him "reasonable written notice to leave" and at the end of that time change the locks - and call the police if he tries to return.

I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Clare that information is most helpful.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome - I hope all goes well