My partner passed away I was his next of kin Ealing hospital

Customer Question

Hi my partner passed away I was his next of kin Ealing hospital put this in writing then they face death certificate to the sister they did funeral gave one day notice he was my partner for 18 years living with me I cared day and night. He had COPD no family helped. What can I do how can I get ashes as I wanted to do everything until the end
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The hospital have effected my health mentally and phisically. While I was grieving they messed me around. On all their records I'm next of kin. For two days I couldn't see him when I put a complaint PALS they gave confirmation on Friday week before and Monday I had hassle. Sister arranged funeral face one day notice. I rang funeral home to say I have a objection false information he never had contact with them. Sent several emails while I was grieving no help had no support this has broken me
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you partner leave a Will?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He was a heroin addict didn't want is family seeing his medical records. I don't care about any money I supported him, if I cared for day and night I wanted to finish my duty until the end which was arrange funeral
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The local chemist where he went for medicine to substitute heroin say we will put in writing you were here for him, the neighbours, friends. They are all so upset, shown me support, say that is wrong and we will all sign a petition. The point is if the hospital put it in writing how can they do this to done ova who is grieving. Clare they have made me I'll I've been up most nights online as I wanted to stop the funeral no support from the nhs
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry this will give you a outline, I will let you have a read and would be so grateful if you can help I was so hurt my partner passing away and all this has made matter worse
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I am afraid that once your partner had died then the fact that he had nominated you as his next of kin ceased to have any relevance

Once that had happened then legally they had to deal with his nearest relative - his sister

It woudl only have been possible for you to deal with it if either his sister had not wanted to - or your partner had left a Will naming you as his Executor.

I am so very very sorry

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The fact the hospital have put it in writing don't mean anything so they can mess someone around at a time like thid
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

I do not know if you are aware that the site charges more for a phone call -and I am afraid that it would not change the legal position

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
His clothes etc I financed can they say they want them even though he lived with me my property my things
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Sadly the legal position is that the nomination of you as Next of Kin ended on his death.

At that point the Intestacy Rules applied and the Sister became the only person entitled to deal with the funeral.

I am so very sorry

Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

They cannot ask for any items that are in your home

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No one rang there no payment
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Do you wish to have a phone call - I thought you did not?