13262538

My partner passed away I was his next of kin Ealing hospital

Customer Question

Hi my partner passed away I was his next of kin Ealing hospital put this in writing then they face death certificate to the sister they did funeral gave one day notice he was my partner for 18 years living with me I cared day and night. He had COPD no family helped. What can I do how can I get ashes as I wanted to do everything until the end
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The hospital have effected my health mentally and phisically. While I was grieving they messed me around. On all their records I'm next of kin. For two days I couldn't see him when I put a complaint PALS they gave confirmation on Friday week before and Monday I had hassle. Sister arranged funeral face one day notice. I rang funeral home to say I have a objection false information he never had contact with them. Sent several emails while I was grieving no help had no support this has broken me
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did you partner leave a Will?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
He was a heroin addict didn't want is family seeing his medical records. I don't care about any money I supported him, if I cared for day and night I wanted to finish my duty until the end which was arrange funeral
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The local chemist where he went for medicine to substitute heroin say we will put in writing you were here for him, the neighbours, friends. They are all so upset, shown me support, say that is wrong and we will all sign a petition. The point is if the hospital put it in writing how can they do this to done ova who is grieving. Clare they have made me I'll I've been up most nights online as I wanted to stop the funeral no support from the nhs
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry this will give you a outline, I will let you have a read and would be so grateful if you can help I was so hurt my partner passing away and all this has made matter worse
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

I am afraid that once your partner had died then the fact that he had nominated you as his next of kin ceased to have any relevance

Once that had happened then legally they had to deal with his nearest relative - his sister

It woudl only have been possible for you to deal with it if either his sister had not wanted to - or your partner had left a Will naming you as his Executor.

I am so very very sorry

Please ask if you need further details

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fact the hospital have put it in writing don't mean anything so they can mess someone around at a time like thid
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

I do not know if you are aware that the site charges more for a phone call -and I am afraid that it would not change the legal position

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
His clothes etc I financed can they say they want them even though he lived with me my property my things
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Sadly the legal position is that the nomination of you as Next of Kin ended on his death.

At that point the Intestacy Rules applied and the Sister became the only person entitled to deal with the funeral.

I am so very sorry

Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

They cannot ask for any items that are in your home

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No one rang there no payment
Expert:  Clare replied 11 months ago.

Do you wish to have a phone call - I thought you did not?