F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

I wanted to know what kind of contract I would need to out

Hi I wanted to know what kind of contract I would need to out together when my company is acting like an intermediary. I intend to provide services to a company via a third party but I need to ensure that payments go through my company and that neither company breach the contract by working directly with each other
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

The contents of the contract are straightforward enough but what you need to make sure that payments go through your company are robust clauses in respect of payment and also a nondisclosure/non-compete clause to prevent the working directly with each other.

It is not particularly complicated for a competent commercial lawyer.

Unless you have experience of doing this, you might want to use a solicitor who will probably charge you several hundred pounds and at least then, if the agreement is not satisfactory, you can sue the solicitor in negligence.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks. Would you be able to suggest any place where i can get this written up ? Thanks

Any local commercial lawyer would be able to do it for you.

It’s more involved, a lot more involved than the service that we can provide on here as a Premium Service because there is several hours work in this and it would need a solicitor to sit down with you and take detailed instructions.

You are probably looking at a fee of between £500-£2000 which it may or may not be worth spending depending on the ramifications and likely money you would lose if it all went wrong.

Many people save money on legal agreements at the outset of the business only to find out that the saving costs them hundreds of times what they would have initially spent, in lost profit later on.

Can I clarify anything else for you?

Please rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything helps me greatly.

We can still exchange emails.

Best wishes.

FES.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok thanks for clarifying.