How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Harris Your Own Question
Harris, Law Specialist
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2738
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
Type Your Law Question Here...
Harris is online now

I have completed a Form E because my wife kept pressuring me

Resolved Question:

I have completed a Form E because my wife kept pressuring me and sent her a copy as well as court .I have had no court date from the court but she says that there is a date of 9th September .i said I would raise questions and exchange them with her on the 9th September because I have had my sons for two weeks. She now advises there is a time line which I have no details of .I was going to email court clerk that have not had any notification from them and that will not be able to file the rest of papers by this date and ask for the date to be rescheduled for first hearing .I am a property lawyer and dealing with paperwork but was going to instruct a Barrister to appear at the hearing on my behalf yo save costs .Is this the right thing to do ?
Submitted: 11 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Harris replied 11 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Your wife should have served you with her Form A and the court directions detailing the dates. You should attempt to provide her with your Form E as soon as possible and the other issues can be ewalt with and directed at the hearing. It would not be appropriate to request for the hearing to be adjourned as the court will want to look at what issues there are to make directions for further evidence.

A barrister will be helpful at the hearing to ensure things are dealt with properly but you are allowed to represent yourself if necessary.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Harris and 2 other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions