Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My wifes 16 year old daughter is here from brasil on a 6

My wifes 16 year old daughter is here from brasil on a 6 month visitor stamp.
My wife is awaiting her FLR (M) visa to be finalised (her original visa has just expired, this was a 2 1/2 year visa
I need to know, can she apply from uk and what visa form does she need?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok When you answer please send to my email***@******.***
Expert:  Buachaill replied 10 months ago.

1. Dear Graham, can you please clarify one issue. Whose visa application is the question about - your wife or her daughter? Are you asking about extending your wife's visa or getting a visa for her daughter?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
sorry my wifes application to extend is in now. But due to circumstances at home the daughter wants to stay here, she has been here for nearly six months and lived here previously. She speaks perfect english
I just need to know if i can apply for her to stay here from UK or will she have to fly home, and also if okay, which form to use
Regards Graham

2. Dear Graham, the daughter of your wife can get a visa to live and work in the UK as the "dependent" of you. However, you will need to show some evidence of dependency. The fact her daughter is 16 (under 18) is evidence of dependency. However, some element of financial support will assist your application. Here is a link to the UK Government website which sets out how to apply https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview

3. The application can be made from within the UK. There is no need for her to fly back to Brazil. Here is a link to the application form and guidance on how to fill it in. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/application-to-extend-stay-in-the-uk-form-flrfp

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok i see So she can apply whilst here in UK ? and do you have the name of the form ? e.g. FLR (M)

4. Dear Graham, see No. 3. The name of the form is FLR(FP)

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks for your help

5. You are welcome. Please Rate the answer.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
FLR FP form looks like the parent has to fill in. Is this ok for a 16 year old on a visitor visa?

6. I know the form seems inappropriate for a child joining their parents. However, this is the form the guidance states that you fill in. If you read the UK Government website I indicated through from "Apply to remain with family in the UK" this is the form they make all other applicants other than a partner fill in.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
ok Thanks for that

7. Could you please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your expert does not get paid for answering your question. There is no point in saying "thanks"