Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My partner wrote will to his nieces and nephew years

My partner wrote will to his nieces and nephew years ago.Becouse he didn't have any kids. Now we are having a 2 years old daughter. What will happened after he past away? Do we need to change it or will it go to his daughter? Or will it go just to his nieces and nephew like he wrote before he has a child.?
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. Has he passed away?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet..
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for confirming. Legally if he passes away and his will is legally valid, then his estate will be distributed according to his will. As this will leave his daughter without any support there may be grounds to challenge this to seek a share of it.

However,as he is still alive it may be better to raise this with him and he may want to amend the will now.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

No worries, I hope it goes well. If you have any questions in the future you can ask for me directly by starting your question For Harris

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you again. If something. I will ask you for sure.