Michael Holly
Michael Holly, Solicitor
Experience:  I have 20 years of experience as a solicitor in litigation and other areas
12609314

My mother appointed both my sister and myself as power of

My mother appointed both my sister and myself as power of attorney for her financial affairs. Recently my sister has been arrested for assault on our mother and also being investigated for possible fraud concerning of her accounts and property. I do not think she can be trusted any further with the role of Power of attorney. Legal position/solution?Type your legal question here
Expert:  Michael Holly replied 1 year ago.

You should report the position to the Office of Public Guardian who, I strongly suspect, will remove your sister as your mother's Attorney.

An Attorney must act in the best interest of the person whose financial affairs they are managing , assaulting your mother and her alcohol problem show she is not fit to be an Attorney for your mother.

Best regards

Michael