Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

My ex partner moved out of our house 9 years ago and I am

My ex partner moved out of our house 9 years ago and I am currently applying for transfer of equity with my new partner.
It has been a lengthy process ongoing since February and he is now getting impatient waiting for his money, constantly texting and threatening myself.
He has now informed me if he does not get his money he will be moving back in to the house.
Would you please advise on my rights and I need to get the police involved
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. Just a bit more information required to fully assist you:

-Has there been a court order regarding the sale?

-When will the transfer of equity happen?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there has not been a court order and the mortgage company are advising that we should have an outcome by 30 August
Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. In that case it is unreasonable that he makes such a threat but the legal position would be that he is allowed to return to the property as it is in joint names unless there is a court order excluding him. If his threats and harassment continue you can contact the police and see if they can assist to warn him about his behaviour.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you.

Expert:  Harris replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this question remains open. If you found my information provided helpful please could you rate my response positively using the stars at the top of this page as I will not be credited for my response without a positive rating.