12826847

I approached and appointed a solicitor who acted to recover

Customer Question

I approached and appointed a solicitor who acted to recover company losses from a bank. I have the initial letter of instruction and other correspondence which were sent to me in my name. I also paid the solicitors fees as the case was progressing. I had a separate agreement with the company director that any funds recovered would be split 50/50. The solicitor was aware of our agreement and I was to be paid directly by the solicitor. I was successful and won £230,000 inc costs however after the case was concluded the company director instructed the solicitor not to pay me. The solicitor took the position the he was now been given conflicting instructions. He also took the position that he was working for the company and not me. He is holding on to the f2f funds
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, can you please clarify a few matters. In what name was the litigation conducted? Against whom was the litigation conduct? Were you, personally, the named party to the litigation? On what basis were you to become entitled to 50% of the proceeds of litigation? Was the agreement with the company director as to the division of the proceeds of the litigation in writing?