Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I HAD AN ACCEDENT IN THE FIRMS LORRY A PICKUP TRUCK AND

Customer Question

I HAD AN ACCEDENT IN THE FIRMS LORRY A PICKUP TRUCK AND TRAILER PULLED OUT OF A PETROL STATION RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND STOPPED I COULDNT STOP MY LORRY IN TIME AND WENT INTO THE REAR OF HIM. ALTHOUGH IN PAIN I CONTINUED TO WORK, AS I DONT GET PAID AND COULDNT AFFORED TO TAKE THE TIME OFF AS I DONT GET PAID. AFTER SUFFERING THE PAIN FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS, I WENT TO MY GP AND WAS SENT TO HAVE AN MRI SCAN, WHICH FOUND THAT I HAD THREE DAMAGED VERTIBRAE. I WAS REFERED TO A CONSULTANT ON THE PAIN TEAM. UNDER WHOME IVE HAD THREE ADMISSIONS TO HOSPITAL DAY STAY FOR INJECTIONS IN MY NECK.I HAVE NOW BEEN TOLD BY THE SURGEN THAT I CANT HAVE ANY MORE BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT WORKING. AND SURGERY IS NOT AN OPTION FOR ME.THEY WONT OPPERATE ON ME IN THAT AREA BECAUSE THE RISKS ARE TO HIGH. SO IM NOW BEING TREATED WITH PAIN MEDICATION. [ GABAPENTIN ] AND UNABLE TO WORK.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Dear *****, you can sue your employer for the injuries you suffered during the course of your work, for money damages, including the costs of the care you are undergoing now. I would advise you to see a solicitor who will work on a contingency fee basis with no payment unless the action is successful. There are many personal injury solicitors who will work on this basis. Check the phone book or run a search on the internet for solicitors in your area who will act on this basis.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. Be aware, additionally, that you can get compensation to include the loss of earnings you have suffered due to the personal injury happening to you at work. Whilst your employer is not paying you now, your solicitor will be able to get your compensation for the loss of earnings you are currently suffering.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.