75100385

Is my wife responsible for a tendency agreement I signed and

is my wife responsible for a tendency agreement I signed and she wasn't even there when I signed it ?
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Is she named on it please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Ash, it was an A4 single sheet of paper with very little on it. No names mine or my wife,s just a line for me to sign & a line for the landlord to sign. She was not present at the time either. We left about 3 years ago & has recently contacted my wife to say money is owed for some unpaid rent & maintenance work for which I dispute, but is saying my wife is jointly responsible.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

The answer is therefore no.

Only the person that can sign it can be liable.

Wife can't be liable if she didnt sign it - its a contract and only the parties who have signed it are bound.

No-one else.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you thats what I needed to know. In that case is it acceptable that he is making contact with my wife at her place of work on this issue. She is a freelance in-house florist at a five star country hotel and finds it embarrassing that he leaves hand delivered letters of demand there for her. can I tell him to stop this now I know she is not responsible. Many thanks alan.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

No this is not acceptable at all Alan

Yes you can ask him to stop or say you will report it to the Police for harassment.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** great help to know the position regarding my wife, he is demanding £6,000.00 for carrying out work to the property after we lived there for some 16 years. The work was for a lot of things that I considered to be the landlords responsibility which I made him aware of over the years but he never attended to plus redecorating etc which I would have thought any reasonable landlord would expect to do prior to re-lenting. Anyway i will have to take him on over this I just didn't want him pestering my wife when I didn't feel it was her responsibility, and thanks to you now I know its not. Thanks again.
Very satisfied at the service you provided.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

My pleasure to help. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.