Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

We have heen asked to provide information on "extention to

We have heen asked to provide information on "extention to circuit (in kitchen/special location/installation) ring/radial power circuit, kitchen" which was completed 08/05/2006. We do not have any paperwork regarding this, will it affect the sale of our property? Could you give me guidance on this?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your enquiry. Please don't worry too much! On the basis that the exact nature of the electrics work has been quoted to you, I assume your Buyers Solicitor has received the Local Search and this has confirmed that these works were done and a certificate was issued. If you are unable to locate the certificate, it won't cause a problem-the fact the certificate has been issued means the electrician carried out the correct procedure and although it would be ideal if you also had the certificate, it doesn't mean there is a problem, as your Buyer has the comfort that the work was carried out as it should have been. Does this assist? Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it does thank you.

Good- just explain to your Solicitor that you don't have it, and your Buyer's Solicitor will accept this. If I have helped, I would be grateful if you could rate my answer. All the best Al.