75100385

I am a 62 yr old male with 45% hearing loss and should wear

I am a 62 yr old male with 45% hearing loss and should wear hearing aids but can't be bothered. I work part time now and am home every evening and sometimes during the day. I have become annoyed at the increasing anti social behaviour of young drivers in the vicinity, some live here or others are passing through. Their vehicles are modified with loud exhausts (straight through) excessive speed and extremely loud sound systems which emit high volume very low frequency sound that feels as though my entire property is vibrating. The road I live in is used as a rat run also. I have a camera fitted to my car and am quite happy for it to record these young men and their anti social behaviour and other offences which I believe are contrary to the law in respect of undeclared modification to their vehicle nullifying their car insurance policy.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported this to the Police please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not yet
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I would like to know if there are available laws that prohibit noise nuisance from vehicles affecting domestic dwellings inhabitants at any time of the day or night.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

There is, under the Environmental Protection Act. What you need to do is speak to the Council, they will install noise monitoring equipment to see if it is above the permitted limit.

That limit varies from Council to Council - for example the permitted noise level in a quiet hamlet is going to be different from that in a city centre.

Once you have the noise levels and assuming it is above that you could seek an injunction to stop it.

You would need to complete forms N208:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

And N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n16a-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter and decide whether to grant an injunction.

If the court does and these people continue to breach it, then that could be contempt of Court and they may be warned, fined, or sent to prison

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thankyou, that is all.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Good luck.