How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9325
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Our Son's ex partner won't allow us access to our Grandson

Resolved Question:

Our Son's ex partner won't allow us access to our Grandson which we want resolved asap.
Where do we stand?
Thank you
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Unless you had an extremely close relationship with your grandchildren, then the court will not automatically grant grandparents contact.

It would have to be really close such as when a grandchild has lived with you for a period of time.

The other circumstances in which contact will be granted if the parent on that side of the family no longer had any contact with the child such as would be the case if the other parent had died.

Provided there are no allegations that the child would be at risk in your presence, then there is obviously no problem in you seeing the child when the child is with your son.

If she is saying that you cannot see the children when your son has them, that is a matter for your son to deal with.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helped me greatly.

We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.

F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related Law Questions