F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

Our Son's ex partner won't allow us access to our Grandson

Our Son's ex partner won't allow us access to our Grandson which we want resolved asap.
Where do we stand?
Emma
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

Unless you had an extremely close relationship with your grandchildren, then the court will not automatically grant grandparents contact.

It would have to be really close such as when a grandchild has lived with you for a period of time.

The other circumstances in which contact will be granted if the parent on that side of the family no longer had any contact with the child such as would be the case if the other parent had died.

Provided there are no allegations that the child would be at risk in your presence, then there is obviously no problem in you seeing the child when the child is with your son.

If she is saying that you cannot see the children when your son has them, that is a matter for your son to deal with.

Please rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helped me greatly.

We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.