75100385

On my education website, I want to post what we call

Customer Question

Hi there,On my education website, I want to post what we call 'writing projects'. These PowerPoint slides can be downloaded by teachers and used to teach writing to their pupils.I am just worried about Copyright issues with what is included.There are two different projects I'm enquiring about:1. Eurydice - this project uses Ariana Grande's music video as a stimulus for the writing. I have not used any images from the music video, it is merely influenced by it. All the art work is original, but I have used the words 'Comet Eurydice' in the project and it is called this in the music video.2. War of the Worlds - This project links to Jeff Wayne's music and I have included the name 'War of the Worlds' in the title. All art work is original, but it is influenced by the movie/book. I have used an excerpt of 183 words from Jeff Wayne's musical. I have tried to contact the company, but no one has got back to me.I would like to know if I am breaching copyright at all in either of these instances.Kind regards,Mitch
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,I can wait longer! Don't worry! :)
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

1) Eurydice - if you are not showing images or music then this is fine.

2) if you are using some words then you also need to include a copyright credit, crediting the works. But as you have rightly done contactsd the company. They need to give you permission. That's because you are not only just one sentence, but quite a few words.

As long as you get permission there is no issue.

Can I clairfy anything for you about this today please?