12826847

Really hope you can help! My ultimate question is: What is

Customer Question

Hi there, really hope you can help!
My ultimate question is: What is the likelihood of the father gaining full or joint custody in the below situation?
My wife of 2 years has a son, aged 5, with a man who has mentally and emotionally abused her since the child's birth. My wife has turned to counselling courses (Women's Aid) over the past 12-18 months in an attempt to help her to deal with the situation but to no effect and has also been on and off anti-depressants since Post Natal. The father sees the child, on average for a total of 8-10 hours a week on a sunday and has a telephone conversation with the child on a wednesday evening which lasts no longer than 10-15 minutes and has the occasional sleepover once every 6-8 weeks (This has been slightly more frequent, twice in the past 4 weeks, due to school holidays, but heaven forbid, let's not get too excited). My wife has never restricted any access and has always maintained that the father can visit/ask to be with the child for any length of time whenever he wishes. The child is in a happy home and my wife felt the need to contact a Health Visitor (who confirmed the childs happiness) to attend the house to justify to herself because of some of the comments made to her by the father. My wife currently drives to a location midway between the fathers dwelling and my wife's dwelling to drop the child off between visits, as demanded by the father as this is 'only fair' in his words. This man has scared her to the point of tears and it has almost cost my wife and I our relationship as she is almost an empty shell.
I really hope you can help and if there is anymore information you need to help please, please let me know.
Rob
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How far away does the father live and what has he been saying to her?