13262538

I have 4 children in my care ages 10,7,6 and 2. There is a

I have 4 foster children in my care ages 10,7,6 and 2. There is a court case taking place at this present time. The Local Authority want to send the children to their maternal grandmother in Poland. All of the children do not want to go, they have come from a troubled background where mum stabbed dad. Mum and dad are still together and therefore the children cannot be returned to their previous home. There are three different dads in this sibling group.
The Local Authority has a care plan for the children, the oldest child has been appointed a solicitor to speak on her behalf as she is refusing to go to Poland. The maternal grandparents have a relationship with the older child and have had a window of opportunity to build the same bond with the other children but have refused to do so in the past as they were seen to be illegitimate. They only came forward for the oldest child when mum was sent to prison. Mum was released because dad refused to press charges. Mum I am sure has convinced the grandmother to come forward for all 4 children - the oldest child has said that mum has disclosed that she is going to get them back once they get to Poland. These disclosures have been made to the Guardian who at first was on the childrens side saying that it was all about money, and that she believed the children should stay but since hearing a linked video talk with the grandparents has decided that they are capable of protecting the children from mum.
The children are distraught as they do not want to go to Poland, the three younger siblings do not speak, read or write polish so they need their older sister to communicate. I have lodged a C2 application with the court to offer then permenance which I had already offered previously but this was not put forward by the social worker. I have been told that I need to pay for all my own legal costs, which could work out really costly depending on how long the case continues.
What chance do I stand of keeping the children. What are my costs likely to be. Only today the grandmother told the oldest child that if she did not come to Poland to live she would be placed in an orphanage by the end of the year. God only knows where she got this information from. Please can anyone help me.
Kim Dumbrill
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have the children been in your care?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi ClareThe children would have been in my care for 12 months on the 25th of September.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry but with the Guardian against you and the children only being with you for 12 months your chances are slim in the extreme - and if you use solicitors and barristers thecosts could be thousands

As an added problem it is likely that at some point the Polish Government may make representations

I admire your wishes - but have to say that the chances are small.

Please ask if you need further details