75100385

I have been the subject of a vicious and libelous internet

Customer Question

I have been the subject of a vicious and libelous internet campaign. How do I sue Google in UK or demand take down notices. The sites involved are Google blogs
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do want to complain by Google seem to make this v difficult. I guess I probably need a lawyers letter first as this seems all they react to. The sites are anonymous Google blogs but of course I know who is responsible.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Could you please explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Well Google Andrew Drummond and Thailand and you will get this:https://www.google.co.uk/?ion=1&espv=2#q=andrew%20drummond%20thailandAndrew Drummond Exposed as a Fraud - and Myriad of Lies by Andrew DrummondThe author of these blogs are both people who arrived in Thailand posing as lawyers to cheat foreigners. They have been convicted of (1st persion) fraud and extortion and (second person) fraud and embezzlement. The websites are their replies to exposes I have written about them. I btw am a journalist and former foreign correspondent for 'The Times'
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Their names btw are Drew Walter Noyes (US citizen) and Brian Goudie (UK citizen) falsely claiming to be a barrister with s law degree from Edinburgh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I left Thailand last year and my departure was carried in the Guardian, Sydney Morning Herald etc
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But in the UK I am single dad raising 3 kids ,4,6,and 8 on limited resources. Obviously if I sought work from someone I did not know that Google page would wipe out all my chances
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

You wamt to sue Google in the uk? How much do you want to claim?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
A very considerable amount of money but I'd need to take advice on that. I have a v good previous reputation as an award winning journalist and documentary maker.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Due to my circumstances I would however be looking at a lawyer on a win basis with a sizeable share of any award. In Aus Google have paid out amounts up to AUS$600,000
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
However at worst I would like to see those sites removed
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Those agreements are not permitted in the uk sadly. Not yet anyway although there is talk of it.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation or removal within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

If you want the posts removed them you can't do this online as it is an injunction you are after. This can't be done online only paper.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
exactly where do I send the claim to Google UK - they appear to have multiple addresses
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

1-13 St Giles High Street. London WC2H 8AG. United Kingdom.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
But can I get legal aid to obtain an injunction or will the Country Court order suffice?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where best to find a lawyer to do this - I am in SN1 5HJ btw
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ps I meant County Court (I have covered enough cases there in my younger days)
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

No you won't get legal aid for this. You need to issue in the county court. You can find a lawyer at

http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No. I am not satisfied that the County Court is the court to go to in a case such as this - or that Google in the UK cannot be sued for defamation. There appear to be cases on record. Further I am also assured in circumstances that legal aid can be granted.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

The County Court is the only Court which has jurisdiction. Or if you want a specific defamation case then you need to apply to the High Court pursuant to the Civil Procedure Rules.

But the High Court is just a higher Court of the County Court - it is civil. Legal aid rules changes, so its unlikely you would get it for defamation case.

Otherwise you would need to sue in the Country where the posts were taking place. If it was the USA for example then it would have to be there.

You asked how to sue Google in the UK and I gave you the process, name and address of the organisation.

Can I clarify anything else for you today please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tks
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything else I can do to assist you today?