F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
18203470

My wife has died and a letter from you (dated 23 June 2000)

Customer Question

My wife has died and a letter from you (dated 23 June 2000) says that you have a will in your strongroom. I've tried to contact you on a phone but am told that the number is ***** accepted.
Do you still have the Will from Mrs * * B*****? Would you please contact me on 0***** *****.
Is your office closed?
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

You have come through to the UK law section of Just Answer questions and answer website.

How can we assist you with this? We don’t hold wills or write wills.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The letter I have (dated ** June 2****) is from your office, it does say that you do hold the Will in your strongroom. If you do not hold it now I wish to claim a refund and terminate the contact with your firm.
How do you want me to claim the refund?

I tyried to call as req

Hello. I tried to telephone call as requested but the phone just rings out. I will try again later and then again tomorrow. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If you wish to call me at home (Tel; 0**** 6*****) I expect to be in the house during the morning 10 Sept.
As I said before, I only wanted to obtain the original will of my wife; your letter (*** June 2***) did say that you have the letter. If it is no longer in your office then I wish to close the questions & would like you to return the unused fee please.
* B******

I have tried to call again but the telephone just rings out.

We don’t write wills.

We are not a firm of solicitors.

We have not written to you.

We are a questions and answer website and you have posted this in the UK law section.

It appears that you are looking for a firm of solicitors or a private individual from that firm.