How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask F E Smith Your Own Question
F E Smith
F E Smith, Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 9318
Experience:  I have been practising for 30 years.
Type Your Law Question Here...
F E Smith is online now

Being caught speeding 39 in a 30 miles area by a static cam,

Resolved Question:

Being caught speeding 39 in a 30 miles area by a static cam, without a licence and without insurance, what to expect
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  F E Smith replied 10 months ago.

You don’t have a licence, then you have no insurance automatically.

The speeding offence would carry 3 points and a £100 fixed penalty.

Driving without a licence is a maximum penalty of £1000.

The courts have the power to disqualify you from getting a licence for the period.

Here is a lengthy article on the subject.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Please rate the service positive. It doesn’t cost you anything but helps me greatly.

We can still exchange emails. Best wishes. FES.

F E Smith and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have a provisional licence for 4 years and done my CBT twice, at the moment of the offence the CBT expired 2 weeks ago. Bought a big bike with the idea of passing the test and taking a full licence and that's when the offence happen.
My sister died in November last year and she was the only relative left. I am alone in a foreign country and things just went into spiral, there are still difficult times. I know what i did was wrong and irressponsible and i am ready to pay for that, and i know that sometimes the court cases end up in the media and the idea of everybody around me knowing what i did it is making me even more anxious. Is there any way a solicitor can stop the case ending up in newspapers?