12826847

I got stopped in cornwall on7/8/16 for not having insurance

I got stopped in cornwall on7/8/16 for not having insurance on my son in laws car as my insurance want cover it I got home today to find a letter in the name of Sinclair which has not been used by me for over 40years I was asked for my licence which I gave to the police man my name on my licence is miles has been miles for ne'er 35years how did they get divorced name and what shall I do as I've got to pay fine
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

How can I help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically I want to know what I can do as my name is ***** ***** has not been for 40 years and the summons has come in with this name on my licence is in miles and never been in Sinclair
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It really doesn't make much difference.

You can write to them putting them on notice of your name change. However, there is no point in challenging this on that basis.

There is case law on what makes a summons defective and it literally has to be such that you couldn't understand it was for you. There is no doubt to whom this was addressed. You recognise the name and know it relates to you. That is not a defective summons.

Sorry if that is bad news.