How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Clare Your Own Question

Clare, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 34030
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Type Your Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

How can I seperate & start a new life from a abusive husband

Customer Question

How can I seperate & start a new life from a nasty abusive husband who is on full disability living allowance.I am desperately in need of legal advise
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
We own our own house & I won't be able to make him move &I he will be abusive if any comes to view if I go up for sale.I am in a desperate situation as I can't just move or afford a rent somewhere else.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is Clare

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

How long have you lived together and are there any children involved?

How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?

What income do you each have?

Is he physically abusive to you?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
30Years lived tog. No mortgage owing.value est. at 185000.I just have pension (state pension ). £180.00 a week wages but wil be leaving job soon.Husband Pension £800.0 month Dissability allow I think about £300.0 a month he is 63 Yrs so not on a state pension. He is verbally abusive rite in my face & occasionally physically He is ex Army & has threatened to put me in a body bag & no one would ever know.He keeps telling me to f**k off & in the mornings he will say havnt you f**ked off yet? I have no where to go.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
My phone no is***********My name is Christine & at the moment I am at my sisters house so he can't here any calls you might make to me
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Are you aware that the site charges more for a phone call?

How much will a one bedroom property in the same general area cost to buy?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can you phone as soon as possible Claire please because I have to go home
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
447780975326 phone no urgent
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

Please confirm that you are aware that the phone call is costing you more?

and what is the cost of a one bedroom property?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Please cancel & refund my money. I am not getting any satisfaction have made an appointment with a solicitor in my home town.This online is too slow and of no help to me.Christine Horton.
Expert:  Clare replied 10 months ago.

I am sorry that I was unable to call you - we are all working lawyers and have court commitments

IF your husband is physically violent then you can obtain an order excluding him from the property and allowing you to live there unmolested.

You can then either sell the house if he agrees - or obtain an Order for sale within Divorce proceedings if that would be more effective.

Either way the starting point for division is 50/50 - and that includes a pension sharing order in respect of his army pension

Please ensure that you call the police the next time he is violent - or makes death threats

If you still wish to have a phone call then let me know

However starting your divorce should be your priority

Please ask if you needs further details

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Jo C.

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
< Previous | Next >
  • Jo C.'s Avatar

    Jo C.


    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 5 years in practice
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • Buachaill's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Barrister 17 years experience
  • Max Lowry's Avatar

    Max Lowry


    Satisfied Customers:

    LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
  • UK_Lawyer's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Joshua's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice