12826847

My ex rarely sees the children as he lives in Sweden. He is

Customer Question

My ex rarely sees the children as he lives in Sweden. He is insisting he has them this Christmas - he has not seen them for two years but skypes them. He refuses to discuss any maintenance payments. As he is self employed and abroad this is difficult to chase. Why should I allow him Christmas with them when he plays no part in "bringing them up" all year. We were awarded joint custody but I have bought them up on my own. My son is 18 and I feel old enough to make his own choice. My daughter is 14.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

What does your 14 year old wish to do ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She wants to see her dad - I don't want to stop her and whilst trying not to be emotional about it all, I resent his attitude that he can see them at Christmas but won't discuss maintenance.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Does she actually wish to spend christmas away from home?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is planning on coming over and taking them to his brothers in Wales which she likes the idea of. I suppose the real issue is how can I get maintenance from him?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Do you know how much he earns?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no idea = self employed and not on terms where this can be discussed - he just says because I work he doesn't need to pay