We are Building service contractors. We have a verbal

Dear Sir,
We are Building service contractors.
We have a verbal agreement for 3 no contracts which have run for 5 Years on a continuous basis without any problems either side.
The contracts are for service works covering parish Centers owned by the Liverpool RC Archdiocese as gas safety checks, electrical inspection and PAT testing.
The value of these contracts is £ 50,000 per year.
The current management have terminated all the contracts without reason or payment in lieu of notice.
They sent me a letter saying the works has been passed to another Company.
I understand they have to run their business and change over to another Company for some reason or other.
Am I entitled to payment in lieu of notice or compensation due to forward expenditure I have made.
I have carried out works for this organization over 25 years.
Regards ***** *****
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

Hello Ken my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

How much are you seeking to claim please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Ash,
At least one Month as 1/12 of the total contract value £ 52,650.00 / 12 = £ 4387.50.
Am I entitled to claim this in lieu of notice?Thank youKen
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

The difficulty is you have no contract. But you could seek to say there is an implied contract by conduct.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a payment of £4387.50 within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not pay you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Experience: Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello AshThank you for pointing me in the right direction.
It is not about the money, it is the way these people the RC Church representatives have treated this Company.Thank youKen Sexton