75100385

While I was having 'radical chemoradiotherapy' I phoned a

Customer Question

While I was having 'radical chemoradiotherapy' I phoned a company called 'dentures direct' who had a dental practice next door to them.
I explained that I have a missing front tooth and the other main from tooth was blackened at the root and that I wanted to be able to smile again. I won't know if my cancer treatment has been successful or not until late September.- it may still be 'terminal' although it now looks as though the treatment has been successful. all fingers crossed.
He verbally promised me he could give me a lovely smile again and supply a denture for £1,600.00. with a £600 deposit which I paid cash in advance. He made a single front tooth that was ill-fitting, the wrong colour, didn't match my existing front tooth in any way. I told him I wasn't happy and the above reasons. I'd presumed he'd be able to extract the blackened tooth and I would have a denture for the front missing teeth. I was wrong in that it is illegal to remove any teeth that were 'treatable'. The last time I saw him he said he would cover the black bit of the neighbouring tooth with wax of the denture which would have looked ridiculous when I spoke, let alone smiled. I've told him that its sad that he could not meet his promise and that I'd like my £600 to be returned.
He says my denture is ready for fitting and that he expects the £1000.00 outstanding to be paid! There is no way the denture can be ready, let alone acceptable. I don't have this money and I would like to know the legal position please. An NHS dentist tells me that she always lets her patients choose the colour in daylight! I feel I've been bamboozled while being confused by the chemo and he should not have allowed anything to proceed as he was not meeting his promise.
I'd be so grateful to hear from you about what I should do as a 71 yr.old pensioner. Sincerely, ***** *****:***@******.***
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello Jane my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Just to be clear, you want your £600 back, is that right?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

When would be good to call Jane?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ash, you may call now if possible. Jane
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I cant see your number, could you send it again?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ash. landline: 0207(###) ###-#### Prefer mobile as battery low on landline: 07443 048 974 jane
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.