75100385

I paid for a transaction through online banking for some

Customer Question

I paid for a transaction through online banking for some goods (£280)
The payee advised that the account had since been closed and the funds would bounce back within 21 days.
My bank has since advised (almost 3 weeks later) that the recipient is refusing to return the funds and to now seek legal advice
How can I resolve this issue?
You help you be appreciated
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've directly asked him on many occasions to return the money as I need it. All he says is I willBut still nothing 3 weeks on
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

What is the basis for the refusal now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He is not refusing but has failed to return my finds 3 weeks on.Bank is saying that the third parties bank has advised them that their client won't return fundsThis doesn't make sense as he stated that bank account is closed to funds should automatically bounce back.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please note I paid £280 to the closed account as well as an additional £280 to the right account
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank youThat was very informative
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long is a reasonable timeframe within which I should receive the refund ?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

14 days.

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank youHave a wonderful day.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You as well! If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.