Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am indian export company and supplied goods to UK company

Customer Question

I am indian export company and supplied goods to UK company on credit basis and now UK company received goods but not paying the money so what action can i take to recover my money?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

1. Hello, you should initially instruct an English solicitor to formally write to the English company and demand payment. Failing payment or some offer of payment within 21 days, you should instruct the English solicitor to sue them for the money which they owe you. Ultimately, you should proceed to judgment as quickly as possible. Otherwise you run the risk that the company will go bankrupt before they pay you.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

2. In a situation where goods have supplied but not paid for, a court will get summary judgment quite quickly. So, the sooner you get proceedings issued, the quicker you will get your money.

Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.

3. Please Rate the answer as unless you Rate the answer your Expert will receive no payment for answering your question.