12826847

Hoping you can help with a query I have. I was dismissed on

Customer Question

Hoping you can help with a query I have. I was dismissed on ill health grounds from a Civil Service department earlier this year. I had a pre-existing disability which they were aware of but when new management were bought in my reasonable adjustment (at no cost or impact to others) was taken away. This along with numerous other incidents of disability discrimination (verified by a solicitor) led to my disability getting worse and me being signed off with work related stress. They ignored OH recommendations stating what adjustments to implement, thus I was dismissed.
As they were aware I had at the time legal help, they offered me money under the Civil Service Compensation Scheme. I was told it would be 100% and the equivalent to one years salary. The payment has been made, however it is not one years salary. It is a couple of thousand pounds less. They say it is because of how they do the calculation and “rounding” of figures.
Given that I was initially told I should be receiving a specific amount, is there any way to challenge this or if so would I potentially risk losing what I already have?
Also, my final payslip says the amount I’ve been paid as “payment net adjustment” and notice pay as a separate amount. Is this normal on a final payslip and anything to be concerned about?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

So that I can look into this for you, please can you tell me how long you worked there for?