75100385

I asked for PPI to be checked on my (Santander) account and

I asked for PPI to be checked on my Evans (Santander) account and now I find that I have signed up to 2 different companies for the same thing. I got confused because both companies must have had an adviser called Mark, and it was at a time when I was waiting to go into hospital for an operation and my head was all over the place, what can I do?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Did any of them give you a 14 day cooling off period?
Did you sign the terms for each?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I look yes they both did and that time is up.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

What do the terms say about signing up with other people, if at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't say anything that I can see, only that if I cancel I could be charged £50.00 per hour.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Ok - in that case you should write to them both. Outline what has happened. Their terms does not cover this so they can not charge you twice.

Only one of them can do the work - so they both can't do it and claim for it.

Let them decide who is going to do the work. It may be that they split the fees.

But unless the agree says they can double charge you then its the one that does the work who gets the fee

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry can you clear that sentence again -"But unless the agree says they can double charge you then its the one that does the work who gets the fee."
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Sorry - unless the AGREEMENT says........

Does that clarify?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. ***** print out your responses to my questions?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes once you rate. You should be able to just copy and paste or print screen anyway.

Does that assist?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.