ukvisasolutions
ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience:  Immigration Solicitor
85266915

Im a uk national and sponsored an unmarried indian. He has

Im a uk national and sponsored an unmarried indian. He has been granted leave to remain until 2018. He now is planning to marry an indian national is he in breech of his visa? Hes currently in india arrenging his marrage. I am no longer in a relationship with him.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Can he be stopped at immigration and returned to india? I have submitted an online form and uploaded his visa and passport
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
please il wait for the answer. Thankyou.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  ukvisasolutions replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your query.

As your ex-partner was granted leave to enter as a partner of a British national (you), his leave will only be valid as long as he is with you.

As your relationship has now ended, he had a duty to inform the Home Office: https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances-visa-brp/youre-in-the-uk-and-have-a-brp

All you can do, which you have done already, is to inform the Home Office that you are longer together.

Your ex-partner is most likely going to have a problem when he returns to the UK either at the airport, where his leave to enter will be cancelled and possibly remove him back to India.

Or if he passed through Immigration, as he is no longer with you, he will receive a letter from Home Office cancelling his leave due to the change of circumstances in this matter.

Also, just as a side note, he cannot sponsor his wife from India as he does not have Indefinite leave to remain or is a British Citizen.

Thank you for your question and please do not forget to rate my answer.

ukvisasolutions, Solicitor
Experience: Immigration Solicitor