75100385

We ordered a fitted bedroom from Sharps at our home. The

We ordered a fitted bedroom from Sharps at our home. The salesman repeatedly reassured us that we had 3 months in order to change our minds. We decided to cancel but realised we had gone over the 14 day cooling off period by 5 days. I spoke to a Sharps colleague who talked me through the process. She was very helpful and said there would be no problem. As requested I sent a confirmation email. As I have had not heard anything I have tried to get more information but for some reason emails to the colleague are bouncing back.
Where do we stand?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have they confirmed anything in writing please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No not yet
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told that my credit card would be credited within 10 days. To date that hasn't happened but they still have a few more days to do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to take the offer of the telephone will you still be able to help me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I only get advice by using the telephone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I need to do to get a written response
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the delay. How much are you owed from the company?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ash
The contract was for £8265. Since I sent my previous questions I have spoken to the company and they have agreed to refund the full amount within the next two days. They apologised for the delay. So I will hold my breath until the funds are credited back.
Jacqualine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

This is what you should do just in case Jacqaline.

You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ash
That is certainly useful information. I am awaiting an email from the compnay confirming the cancellation. If it does not appear I will take your advise and see what transpires.
Jacqualine
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

All the best. If this answers your question could I invite you to rate my answer before you go today, otherwise the site doesn’t pay me for the time spent with you. Thanks in advance and good luck.