12826847

I have been renting a 3 bedroom bungalow for the last 2.5

Customer Question

I have been renting a 3 bedroom bungalow for the last 2.5 years. It is located on a private estate, which is managed by Carter Jonas, the estate agents. About 50 yards down the lane from me is a farmyard with a number of barns . I was informed by the previous tenant that these barns were used for storage. However , it soon became apparent that part of the yard was let a business which supplies earth and landscaping products to the local water board and other businesses . The noise can be very disruptive , especially when the large mechanised sive is running which can run from 7.30 to 5.30 when they are very busy. I have emailed the Carter Jonas complaining about the noise, and there was short term improvement . However more recently the noise has been unbearable , compounded by the fact that , the business makes full use of the hot dry weather during the summer months. The windows a re single glazed and therefore they do not block out the noise , and it would be impossible to have them open on a hot summers day , when the yard is in full flow.
I would be grateful for any legal advice . I am hoping to be moving to France in acouple of months time , and I was to ensure that the next tenant does to have to endure the same problems that I have had to .
Mike.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Mike my name is ***** ***** I will help you.

Have you ever complained to the council please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, the bungalow is on private land, so I never saw the point of contacting the council.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Before I accept your offer, can you give me an indication if I have a strong case .