75100385

I have recently moved property as a result of harassment

I have recently moved property as a result of harassment from my previous neighbour. I was at my previous address for 4 years, during the 4 years my autistic son was subjected to verbal abused whenever he was playing with his siblings in the garden and also had food and other objects thrown at him, which resulted in my son being scared to play in the garden. I, myself was subjected to verbal abuse when I was in my garden or even just being at the window, I was also physically attacked outside the front of the property. The police were involved on numerous occasions and as a result of suffering this harassment I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia, anxiety and depression. My landlady moved us into another one of her properties so that my children and myself no longer need to live in fear and my children can now play outside without being scared.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I was wondering if I have a case against my previous neighbours and how I go about it. Thank you
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know whether the Police prosecuted at all?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The police never prosecuted due to the fact that she has a family member who is a member of the police force and in their words they could tell that she had been told what to say by the way she worded and phrased her statement.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

How much do you want to claim please?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If I am honest I have never done this before so I don't know where to start with how much etc. I was hoping that I would be able to get advice about that too
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

I think it will be hard if the Police did not prosecute and get a conviction. If they did then any claim for compensation would be easier. However I will outline the process and the maximum limit which you can ask for to keep it a small claim.

You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n1-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
That's brilliant thank you for your advice, you have covered all I needed to know.
Expert:  Ash replied 10 months ago.

All the best and good luck.