75100385

I have a quick question regarding a situation that I find

Hello there, I have a quick question regarding a situation that I find myself in regarding a possible eviction - I am 34, a private tenant with my fiancee and her child. We have recently moved into a private flat in Central London and have been here for 3 months on a 12 month fixed term AST with no break clause.
We have been having personal issues which has meant that we have been arguing constantly for the past month or two and the neighbours have complained to the management company several times [which I found out by chance through a talk with one of the management representatives over a completely different matter].
Although the arguing has completely stopped recently, the management company told me that there would be possible eviction proceedings made against us in due course.
What course of action do I take in order for this a) not to hit my credit report and b) not to affect my future chances of acquiring a rental accommodation when I am screened etc in future.
Any further general advice on this matter would be appreciated.
Many thanks,
Alun.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello Alun my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Has your Landlord had any dealings with this or just the management company please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The facilities management company offer a 24 contact service and it is they who have received the complaints about the noise we have been creating, not the landlord directly. I can only assume that the landlord has been informed. Complaints have been received and recorded in email form.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

How many complaints please? Have you had any notice or written warnings?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The managing company firm representative has told me that around 15 - 20 separate complaints have been received over the past few months but no warnings - verbal or otherwise - have been given to us as yet. One representative was performing repairs on a nearby flat [they service the whole block of flats in the vicinity] and did verbally notify of some initial complaints but nothing was formally sent to us regarding the noise.We have had a written request sent to us from the company to request that we move an additional car from a reserved car parking space but this is obviously completely unrelated to the noise.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Has your relationship been resolved now?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
absolutely. We have resolved the issues and things are [and will be] calm. We are still living together.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

OK, I dont think you need to do anything at this stage. You have not been warned or written to.

As such it would be unfair for the Landlord to simply terminate your tenancy. The usually have to give you a warning first and let matters resolve.

If it went to Court then a Judge would look at this and think have you been warned? If the answer was no, then the Judge is unlikely to grant possession.

So no, it wouldnt affect your credit report as all. The Landlord can only give a factual reference, they can not make things up.

But if you see out the term and there are no issues, I am sure that this matter can be overlooked and you given a good reference.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No that's fine for now,Many thanks,Alun.
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

All the best Alun