75100385

My boyfriend had his car written off when it was stationed

Customer Question

Hi my boyfriend had his car written off when it was stationed and he was in the gym .A taxi driver said he had a coughing fit he swerved went straight into a sports car which went into my boyfriend's car and smashed the car up .All the insurances r all going through a man rang my boyfriend up and said his car is worth 500pd but my boyfriend insurance rang up asked him to pay 400pd acess for some reason then the insurance said u will get that back plus 100pd for the car so my boyfriend seems to be paying for the damage when he should be getting 900pd back not 500pd is this legal as the taxi driver who went into seems to be getting away with paying out could I help please .
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

I do not quite understand - the insurance is not paying for the market value of the car?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could u ring me please
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Yes, what is your number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! Got it.