How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
75100385
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Ive just purchased a new motorhome from a main dealer. they

Customer Question

hello
ive just purchased a new motorhome from a main dealer. they took my motorhome in px without seeing it. they allowed me 25995.00 in px. i dropped it off on sat fro them. due to pick my new one today . ive got the used sales order here with the figures on it. Got a call today saying they want another £1000 off me because theres faults with the px. can they do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

For now please let me know whether the terms and conditions say they are entitled to reduce the figure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no terms and conditions, just an A4 Sheet which is a used sales order with all the figures on it etc and a part exchange declaration just saying it isnt a write off and no out standing finance etc
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. In that case they can not change the deal.

You have an order - a contract for £25995 part exchange.

If they wanted it conditional upon inspection it should have been on the order or terms and conditions. It was not.
As such they have agreed to this valuation figure.

If the order has been agreed then both you and them are bound.

Therefore if that is the case then they can not change it. You and they have a binding contract which can not be amended.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are refusing to let me take the motorhome so where do i go from here?Thanks Jim
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

You would need to seek an injunction to get them to release it.

That would be form N208:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n208-eng.pdf

And N16a:

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/hmctsformfinder/n16a-eng.pdf

The Court would list the matter for hearing and decide whether to make them deliver it to you.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?