Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I have sent a formal letter to an ex tenant requesting

I have sent a formal letter to an ex tenant requesting payment of outstanding rent. I intend to go to small claims court. The letter was sent recorded delivery but they refused to accept it. The post office left a card and sent it back after one month. Has it been "delivered" for my claim to proceed?
Expert:  Alex J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. No this would not count as valid service. You are not required under the Civil Procedure Rules to use recorded delivery. You can send it by first class post and delivery is assumed within 48hrs of the date of delivery. You will need to resend it to the address on the claim form. Kind regards AJ