29905560

Sometime this month I called a travel agent called ticket

Customer Question

Sometime this month I called a travel agent called ticket house and spoke to a Mr John as I was looking for ticket for my wife my son and daughter to travel to Zambia Africa.
During our conversation i told Mr John I was not willing to spend more than £1700 and I needed my family to be back by the 4th September as my wife needed to report for work and my children school holiday will be over and needed to return back to school.
Mr John told me he could get a ticket for the 11th August return 15th of September I told John I could not that ticket as my wife and children will be late for school and work respectively.
Mr John told me insured not worry as all I needed was to call him immediately after they have gone and pay £90 to have the ticket changed, I asked what will happen if I did not find the ticket Mr John then said he has been in this business for long and that I should just trust him,at this point I decided to buy the ticket.
A day after my family left I called Mr John who refused to pick my phone and that he was busy he referred me to a Mr Middy who said the only way I could get a cheaper ticket is to call him after the 20th of August, on the 21st I called Mr Middy then I noticed they where upto no good, I asked Mr middy as to why John did not just tell me the truth, at this point Mr Middy told me he did not know why Mr John was not being honest and he had spoken to him to tell him he was not happy.
After a few days of them noticing I was not giving up a Mr Sam sent me there company polices regarding the sales, I asked Sam if it was there company policy to send polices to customers after the sale has gone through and not before.
At this point they said they could get me a ticket for £1600 this has doused a lot of distress to my family and wife as I speak my wife's health is being put at risk and both children are under a lot of stress as they don't know what is happening and are worried of missing school for 2 weeks which they have ever done.
I personally feel very very stressed because of this issue.
Regards ***** *****
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a qualified lawyer and I will be assisting you with your question today.

Did you find the travel agency online or do they have an office?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I found it on line and when I called to find out there address the guy who answered the phone said he did not know the address
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
John is this cost one off cause I saw its saying monthly parment
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Ben not John

Please can you provide me with the website address?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Give me a second

OK no problem. Please do check with customer service regarding this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Www.ticketshouse.uk
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
was the email

OK, thank you for your response. I will review the relevant information and laws and will get back to you at the earliest opportunity. There is no need to wait here as you will receive an email when I have responded. Also, please do not responded to this message as it will just push your questions to the back of the queue and you may experience unnecessary delays. Thank you.

Many thanks for your patience. This could be a potential case of misrepresentation and breach of contract. You were basically sold something which did not materialise and were misled into making the purchase, which had you known the truth, you would not have gone ahead with. The issue is how do you proceed with resolving this. You cannot force them to make the changes or to pay for the new ticket right now. So it does mean that your most realistic way of resolving this may be to pay to make the changes yourself then pursue them for these costs. Of course there is a small chance that they may agree to resolve this now and perhaps pay for any changes but I do not believe they will agree to do this so easily so as you cannot force them to do this, it may have to come down to you paying these charges then taking steps to recover this from them.

This is your basic legal position. I have more detailed advice for you in terms of the steps you must follow to try and take this further, which I wish to discuss so please take a second to leave a positive rating for the service so far (by selecting 3, 4 or 5 stars) and I can continue with that and answer any further questions you may have. Don’t worry, there is no extra cost and leaving a rating will not close the question and we can continue this discussion. Thank you

Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question and if you need me to discuss the next steps in more detail? In the meantime please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. The question will not close and I can continue with my advice as discussed. Thank you

Hello, do you need any further assistance or are you happy with the above response? Look forward to hearing from you.