31090051

My Car is up for the Insurance renewal. I received a quote

My Car is up for the Insurance renewal. I received a quote in writing from Honda Insurance to say the amount is £216.72. I also received a reminder E mail yesterday to say the amount was £216.72. I phoned to purchase and pay and was told there had been a mistake and the premium should be £ 303.85. How do I stand should the Insurance Company honour their first quote.
Expert:  JGM replied 11 months ago.

A quote is not usually treated as an offer. Why did the premium change?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Call Centre agent said that there had been a mistake, they had quoted my last years premium in error.
Expert:  JGM replied 10 months ago.

It's a similar situation you something see when Tesco put a product online for £10 instead of £100 by mistake. You can't hold them to it as it is only an invitation to contract, not an actual contract. I hope that answers your question. Please leave a positive rating so that I am credited for my time.