12826847

I have a company that I do a lot of work for. The work was

Customer Question

I have a company that I do a lot of work for. The work was done approx 3 months ago. I sent the invoices over to them about a month ago which they say they didn't receive. Unfortunately I have lost the email that I originally sent and they are saying that they will not pay the invoices if I can't find the original email as they cannot invoice the company they work for after 90 days.
How do I stand on this situation? I am a limited company and the total invoice amount is around £5k.
Can they legally refuse payment?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

No, not at all.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Whatever their invoice policy, you have done the work and they are liable to pay. There is no way around it.

They might not be happy. They might be entitled to ask for an invoice for their records. That doesn't mean they can just ignore it.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

It is very unlikely that your contract said that no money was due if you didn't invoice within a certain period of time and even if it did you would have an argument under UCTA that is an unfair term.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You can always sue them if you need to although obviously that would be damaging to your relationship with them.