12826847

How can i request an adjourment in a crown court case,

how can i request an adjourment in a crown court case, listed 09/09/2016 at Lewes court in relation to a confiscation order for my vehicle from the asset confiscation & enforcement team.
My 28 year old sister has just died of cancer (28.08.2016) and the funeral is on the 13/09/2016.
I am not entitled to legal aid and will have to represent myself

Sorry if I'm missing the point but why does this need to be adjourned?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm the only driver in the family and as you can imagine I am taking family members back and too between houses, 30 miles apart. I am only looking for 2 week delay

Yes, I understand but this isn't a date clash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
my issue is that my mother was collating the bank statements, which contain key dates of transactions. I am dyslexic, so can't do this for myself. My mother is grieving and won't find time to do this, as she is now looking after my sisters 3 young children. Other than date clashes is there any other grounds to request an adjournment ?

Not realistically.

You can always make an application for an adjournment.

The reality is that it is not likely to be granted. This just isn't a clash. It is obviously an event that is sad and nobody would wish upon you but it is not a reason that you can't be ready for the hearing in practice.

Making an application is easy though. You just email the court and CPS with your application and your grounds.