Alex J.
Alex J., Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitors 2 years plus PQE
13113900

I am looking at the possibility of striking off my limited

Customer Question

I am looking at the possibility of striking off my limited company.I have the following question:I know the striking off process takes six months. I am now paying for a registered virtual office on a monthly basis. My rent will all be up to date when I strike off.How can I continue to pay this company after I have applied for strike off if my company is not supposed to be trading?Thank you :)
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you for your question and welcome. My name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Your options are either:

(i) Delay the strike off proposal until you are finished with the virtual office;

(ii) Pay the office from your personal bank account so there are no financial transactions recorded in the company name - would the virtual office be prepared to invoice you directly?

AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alex, thank you for your response.(i) I cannot delay the strike off until finished with virtual office - I need the virtual office for the company's registered address at Companies House.(ii) If I pay the virtual office in my personal name and this related to my limited company name, I would be wrongfully acting because I have one creditor that I owe money to and so I would be paying money to the office supplier whilst not paying the other creditor.Warm RegardsChristine
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Thank you. You can personal assume responsibility for a debt of the company without assuming responsibility for the whole company debts, that would not be wrongful trading. Wrongful trading (or even a preference) would be if you continued to pay the virtual office through the company, knowing the company was insolvent and had no chance of paying any other creditors. Kind regards AJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex, thank you.
Expert:  Alex J. replied 1 year ago.

If I can assist you any further please do not hesitate to contact me. Kind regards AJ