Harris
Harris, Law Specialist
Experience:  Family Law - Specialist in Divorce, Financial Relief and Children Matters
90234221

I know my wife stayed at a hotel as I have seen the

hello.
I know my wife stayed at a hotel as I have seen the confirmation email. I have asked the hotel if they would tell me IF it was used that night AND if she had stayed there on other occasions, as I think she has. obviously this was not with me but a work colleague!. her liason/affair has recently come out by accident.
BUT! the hotel will not give me the booking information to me, ie data protection!
(ie in a way, they condone her actions).
is there a way round this?
regard
paul munns
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question. What reason do you wish to use this information for?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
hello. to confirm my suspicions and confront my wife who is adamant nothing sexual happened! what other reason do you think I want it for?
Expert:  Harris replied 10 months ago.

Thank you. I highly doubt that the hotel will provide you with information as this would be a breach of data protection and even if they were to confirm that she stayed there they will not be able to confirm if something sexual happened. It would be best to discuss this and raise it with your wife, however if you feel her behaviour is unreasonable and you feel that it has now led to an irretrievable breakdown of the marriage you would have grounds to apply for divorce.

I hope this assists you. If you found this information helpful please provide a positive rating using the stars at the top of this page. I will not be credited for your question without a positive rating. Thank you

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
no, I didn't want to know if they could tell me if anything sexual happened. just if she used the room! ie a key would have been handed out. I have confronted my wife who knows I cannot find out! but if the hotel could have told me if she had stayed there more than once as well, then its more and likely she did! so really you could have told me that in first answer. the 'data protection' is all wrong in my opinion. no, do not want any more help. as obviously you cannot help me.