A new neighbour came next door. She came round twice for

A new neighbour came next door. She came round twice for coffee, but I was busy and I don't make friends with neighbours just because they r neighbours. My husband has been round to her house a couple of times and says he sometimes sees her when he is going for a paper to the local Spar.
I didn't like her v much and once my husband arranged wth her to look after the cat while we were on holiday. He brought her into the she once and her mask slipped and I cd c she was jealous of the house, my possessions and having a husband (she is a divorcee. She came round again and asked my husband if her gardener cd cut the hedge at the front, which is on our land. I was annoyed when he told her yes as I wasn't asked and the house is half mine.
I went round and told her to stop coming round as she was causing trouble between me and my husband. (Not in an aggressive way, I go to Church regularly).
Ever since I have noticed that my husband doesn't like me saying anything about her and has called me a nasty bitch. I know she is slandering me in the community and saying that I am mental also she harasses me, like when a parishioner brought me home from Church, she came out of her house and walked right up to the car and peered at us.
My husband has blamed me and bn to the mental health authorities and I have recently read my mental health notes and he has called her a lovely lady and me aggressive and delusional. A lot of damage has been done in the marital relationship and it has made me want to move.
I now think she has her eye on the house, because it's the best bungalow. It is the largest and individually built. I think my husband has a relationship with her which is known as emotional infidelity and prefers her to me which is making me feel quite abandoned. He keeps finding fault wth me and causing rows. I have even thought of leaving him mayb going into a refuge, anything to get away from this situation. Just because someone moves next door to u doesn't give them the right to take these liberties with u. I feel that she has encroached on my life. She is also involving other neighbours.
Could I send her a letter from a solicitor to apprehend her for slander and just really to tell her to mind her own business?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Have you reported anything to the Police please?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for your question

My name is ***** ***** I shall do my bets to help you

I am afraid that none of what you describe amount to harassment so far as the law is concerned and any attempt to ocntact the police at this stage would simply allow your husband to make further false representations about your behaviour.

There is no letter that can be sent (again at this stage) because none of her behaviour has crossed the legal mark.

At the moment the only option is for you to ignore her and not give her the satisfaction of knowing the upset she has caused.

Do not speak about her to your husband, then she will not be able to try and come between you - instead concentrate on doing things together that you enjoy and leave her behind

Please ask if you need further details

Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There r two council estates in the area, which r quite rough. When I go out I feel she has spoken about me to these sort of people, as I have seen her talking to these types across the road from my house, looking directly at the house. It is always men that I c her talking to. I have heard my husband talking to her over the garden fence at the back of the house and am really resentful that he has any relationship with her after all the trouble she has caused. She also seems to resent the fact that I sometimes talk to the neighbour on the other side of my house too. Anyway I'll take yr advice. It's very closed in at the bk of the house wth another neighbour, who has resentment because I don't bother wth him or his wife either as they have a different mentality to mine. I like learning and doing things, was never given to gossiping etc. Went to a private commercial college in my teens. My husband has a degree. So why he wants to live wth people of a lower mentality I don't know. I wd love to move. I have come across this mentality before (busybodies) and gossips and moved that time. I think they r a waste of space. They she try doing good things for people if they've nothing else to do instead of interfering with other people's lives and comparing their lives to yours and being envious and thus causing trouble.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I got so stressed out with these kinds of people when I was younger that I had to go in hospital.
I have learned however to give them the cold shoulder since I read the scriptures and went to Church. But I still get angry sometimes as they r intruding on your life.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 month ago.

It is always difficult - but carry on your life and ignore them