12826847

In 1999, Annette Kallamu took out a Professional loan of

Customer Question

In 1999, Annette Kallamu took out a Professional loan of 15,000 from HSBC. After a payment holiday of 1 year and despite the loan contract stating repayments at £335 monthly, HSBC) miscalculated and set up direct debit repayments at £225 every month. Annette Kallamu, unaware of the error, paid £225 unfailingly every month. In 2010 - 2011, HSBC realised their mistake and requested that Annette Kallamu increase monthly repayments to prevent a shortfall at the end of the term of the loan. Annette requested that term of the loan be extended as the problem was the fault of the Bank. No repayments were ever missed. The bank refused so at the end of the term there was a shortfall of over £3,000. HSBC proceeded to record a default against Annette Kallamu record despite their mistake and her letters of complaints. Loan was finally Amount was fully paid in April 2016. In August 2016 HSBC bank wrongly recorded the same loan as "written off" on their system when it is indeed paid off. A new complaint has been lodged with HSBC.
I have exhausted my complaint with the bank and the ombudsman and what to proceed with legal action.
Thank You,
Annette Kallamu
Expert:  Ash replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.

Is this real or for an exam/essay?