Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor LLB (Hons) 23 years of experience in Conveyancing and Property Law
16368554

Probate - As an executor of my dad's will, do we need to go

Probate - As an executor of my dad's will, do we need to go to probate even though mum is still alive and house/bank accounts etc were in joint names?
Expert:  Aston Lawyer replied 1 year ago.

Hi, unless there is an Estate to be administered (ie if your Dad had bank accounts/Shares in his sle name, for which Probate is required), there is no need for you to apply for Probate. If all the accounts were in joint names, then Probate won't be required. I hope this clarifies the position to you. If so, please could you rate my answer. Kind Regards Al

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response. Do we have to register the will anyone/authority?