13262538

If the only executor of a will dies before the family home

Customer Question

If the only executor of a will dies before the family home is sold and the siblings are named in the will having equal shares of the estate who can be appointed as executor? can any of the siblings take this on or does it have to go to the courts to appoint an independant executor.Can the existing executor name an inheritor of the estate to take over his postition? Or will his wife automatically take over his reponsiblities?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I shall do my best to help you but I need some further information first

Did the deceased Executor leave a Will?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Have you not read my question? I asked IF the sole executor dies what happens next?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

I need to know if the Executor who has died has left a Will - it is relevant to the reply

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The executor has not died but what happens in the event tat does happen
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.

In the event that the Executor has left a Will then his or her Executor will also deal with the Estate of which they were an Executor.

If the Executor does not leave a Will then any of the Beneficiaries of the Estate can apply for Letters of Administration(with the will annexed, in respect of the unadministered assets).

Please ask if you need further details