12826847

Someone drove into the back of my car while I was stationary

Customer Question

Someone drove into the back of my car while I was stationary at a roundabout. I got out the car and the offendig driver said: "I'll give you my details and we can go through my insurance company" I said: "ok, but let's pull over to the side of the road so the traffic behind can carry on". I pulled over, but the other driver then just drove off. Although I did get his reg number, the police have said they are not going to take any further action because I don't have an independent witness. Is there anything I can do to persuade teh Police otherwise and/or is it worth while pursuing the case in the civil court...?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Is there any damage?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jo. My car was quite badly damaged (in excess of £1,000) - also no pasengers involved, only the two drivers. Nobody hurt.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

did they give you his insurance details?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They did not. They just drove off when I was moving my car to the side of the road.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

I'm in Court right now but I could call at about 5pm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. fine by me. Thanks.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

Trying now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apologies Jo - I have one further question; if the Police do accept my appeal, how would I then respond?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.

You don't need to do anything then. They will take over everything.